Applying for Funding
CRDC’s annual procurement round is the key opportunity for researchers and research organisations to apply for funding for research into CRDC’s priority areas.
The procurement round begins with a strategic review of each of the goals under the CRDC 2018-23 Strategic RD&E Plan (through discipline and research priority forums involving CRDC, Cotton Australia, the research advisory panels, CottonInfo and researchers) in May to identify the research needs and gaps.
Following this review, CRDC then releases Expression of Interest (EOI) documents, inviting researchers to submit Full Research Proposals in response to those of interest. Each EOI:
- Identifies the issue to be addressed
- Provides a brief overview of the project (the idea here is not to be prescriptive, but to allow the researcher to bring their ideas to the project and enable innovation)
- Defines the outcomes to be achieved
- States any outputs to be delivered
- Outlines selection criteria to be met for the successful awarding of the project.
The EOIs may also provide guidance as to how much CRDC is prepared to invest in a particular area to achieve that outcome.
Once the EOI documents are prepared, researchers are invited to develop a Full Research Proposal (FRP) in response. Once submitted, these proposals are evaluated by the Cotton Australia panels and CRDC’s R&D Managers, and recommendations made to the CRDC Board.
The CRDC Board will determine the successful projects, and preliminary advice will be provided to researchers (with final advice given once budgetary approvals have been received from the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment).
Key dates: 2022-23 investment round
Please note: the dates in the table may be subject to change, due to the impact of COVID-19 and associated travel restrictions on the CRDC procurement process. We will notify researchers of any changes as they arise.
Expressions of Interest: 2022-23 investment round
The CRDC Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for the 2022-23 investment round are as follows:
How to apply
To apply for CRDC research funding, researchers must follow the application process below.
Please note: all research applications must be entered into CRDC’s web-based project-management system, Clarity.
- Download the Expression of Interest documents, the Full Research Proposal template (word document and excel budget sheet) and Clarity access form.
- When you are ready to submit your application, email your completed Clarity access form to email@example.com.
- The CRDC administration team will then send you instructions on how to access and use Clarity.
- In accordance with the requirements of your organisation, enter your FRP into Clarity. Ensure you have allowed sufficient time for your administrator to review your FRP.
- Administrators, on behalf of your organisation please check that the FRP and Clarity details are the same, and finalise for submission to CRDC as per the Clarity instructions.
Additional partnership opportunities
Additional partnership and commercialisation opportunities are published here when they arise.