Working together to deliver RD&E benefits
Did you know? CRDC is one of 15 rural research and development corporations (RDCs) in Australia.
The RDCs deliver research, development and extension for their specific agricultural industries: cotton, grains, meat, wool, fish, wine, eggs, sugar, pork, horticulture and even crocodiles, to name but a few. You may be familiar with GRDC, MLA and AWI, and less familiar with AgriFutures Australia, Fisheries RDC and Wine Australia.
Each RDC invests in diverse projects, but together we form a network that enables primary production through effective RD&E, and delivers substantial benefits at the farm gate and across the economy and society.
We collectively invest around $580 million in RD&E on behalf of our growers and the Government to improve the profitability and sustainability of our rural industries and communities. We’re the largest productivity-driven industry program in Australia.
Together, we deliver six key things to our individual industries, and to agriculture as a whole:
- Innovation and practice improvement;
- Market access and international competitiveness;
- Farm gate returns through smarter farming;
- Employment through new skills and changed practices;
- Value for money and efficiency, ensuring a return on your investment; and a
- Leveraged investment through collaboration and co-investment.
For more on the RDCs and how we’re working together to deliver benefits for you, visit the Council of RDCs website: www.ruralrdc.com.au/performance/