15 future industry leaders have been selected from a field of strong candidates to participate in the industry’s fourth biennial Future Cotton Leaders Program.
The program, an initiative of Cotton Australia in partnership with CRDC, is recognised as the premier leadership development program for the cotton industry. Participants will have the opportunity to hear from industry leaders, get advice and information to help guide their future from inspiring speakers, and meet likeminded people from within the industry, helping to build their networks and relationships. They will also complete an industry leadership project.
The 15 participants were selected by a panel from Cotton Australia, CRDC and former Program participants based on their leadership aspirations, their contribution to the industry and their skills and experience.
The course runs from May to October 2014, with the 15 participants meeting face to face in Toowoomba in June, and again at the Australian Cotton Conference in August.
The 2014 Future Cotton Leaders Program participants
1. Renee Anderson, RG, JM, BH and RL Anderson, Emerald QLD
2. Nicola Cottee, CSIRO Plant Industry, Narrabri NSW
3. Ben Dawson, B&W Rural, Moree NSW
4. Tom Galbraith, Independent Commodity Management, Toowoomba QLD
5. Alex Harris, ECOM Commodities, Rowena NSW
6. Ross Harvie, Rivcom Pty Ltd, Nericon NSW
7. Georgie Krieg, Glen Royal Farms, Brookstead QLD
8. Elizabeth Lobsey, Meteors Pty Ltd, Dalby QLD
9. Heath McWhirter, Elders, Griffith NSW
10. Allyse Morris, Queensland Cotton, Dalby QLD
11. Alex North, Cotton Seed Distributors, Goondiwindi QLD
12. Tom Quigley, Quigley Farms, Trangie NSW
13. Lauryn Riordan, Koramba Ginning, Moree NSW
14. Alex Roughley, Tandou Limited, Menindee NSW
15. John Smith, CottonInfo, Toowoomba QLD